[Petal] While loops

Mark Holland mark at thinkfoo.com
Tue Feb 4 01:26:26 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm not sure if the following is at all possible -I'm trying to write a
while loop in petal using a database cursor.

In perl it would be something like this:

while (my $obj = $cursor->next) {
    print $obj->some_value();
}

But in petal...? I've tried everything and can't get anything work.

I know that I could read all the objects into an array and then just
pass that and loop through it, but if I can save myself the extra step
and make my code neater I would like to.

Any ideas? Am I missing something very basic for which I will be made to
feel stupid? ;-)

Cheers,
Mark

--