[Petal] And another thing...

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Feb 3 13:23:33 GMT 2003

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 02:02:39PM +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> Well, using petal: statements work without having to set the petal
> namespace, do they? It's just good practice... You can see setting
> namespaces as a soft Petal's equivalent of Perl's 'use strict' :)

Actually, I'm not sure that's true. I originally thought the <?include?>
PIs were the new xi:include tags so was obviously confused. I was too
rushed to get the site working before leaving the office to do any
testing. I may try using an xi:include tag without a xmlns namespace to
see what happens. If I do, I'll let you know. BTW, I wonder how the
backwards compatibility bug got past all your tests. It must be pretty
obscure.

Regards,
William
--