[Petal] Requires: perl(:WITHOUT_ITHREADS) perl(:WITHOUT_THREADS)?

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 16:57:06 BST 2003

Hi

I have just used cpanflute2 to create a rpm of the latest Petal and when
I try to install it I get this:

  [root at snowball chris]# rpm -Uvh /src/perl/perl-Petal-0.92-8.noarch.rpm
  error: Failed dependencies:
       perl(:WITHOUT_ITHREADS) is needed by perl-Petal-0.92-8
       perl(:WITHOUT_THREADS) is needed by perl-Petal-0.92-8

Anyone know what this means?

I guess not everybody / anybody will know what I'm on about, esp if you don't
use RedHat ...  cpanflute2 is a tool for building rpms from cpan -- if you are
on a apt-get enabled RedHat box:

  # apt-get install perl-RPM-Specfile

Or find it on RPM find:

  http://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=perl-RPM-Specfile

It seems to have one depandancy which you can sort out like this:

  # apt-get install perl-Archive-Tar

Once it is installed you can build RPMs from CPAN tgz's like this:

  $ cpanflute2 --buildall Petal-0.91.tar.gz

If you don't have apt for RedHat see here:

  http://freshrpms.net/

And:

  http://www.fedora.us/