[Petal] More mod_perl errors....

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:28:42 -0400

Well, here's another error I'm seeing when running under mod_perl:

[Wed Jul 31 18:24:30 2002] [error] [Wed Jul 31 18:24:30 2002] null: Can't use string
("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at
/usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/Petal.pm line 169.

This one seems to "pop-up" occassionally for me. I cannot repeat it faithfully but
have seen it pop-up when performing the same action several times successfully
then all of a suddent it bombs with the error message above. I've also seen the
wrong page get displayed as well as a blank page.

I'm beginning to wonder about the robustness of cached templates in Petal. This is
a great feature, but I'm getting some weird results from running scripts under
mod_perl that were working without a flaw, albeit much slower, with mod_cgi.

Thanks,
William
--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration