[Petal] HTML Comments

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 11:04:24 -0400

On 20 Aug 2002 at 15:41, Chris Croome wrote:
> I'm not sure if that is an issue these days -- you _can't_ use comments for
> hiding scripts (or CSS) in XHTML (without actually hiding the scripts / CSS
> from XHTML compliant browsers) and which older browsers are a problem these
> days?

That's a good point. However, enclosing a script within comment tags is a
habit that most Javascript authors and websites recommend. It's probably
not necessary anymore but enough people are doing it to make it
problematic if Petal strips the html Comments.

As for the problems with XHTML compliant browsers, that is an issue I'll
keep in mind as I become more familiar with this standard.

Thanks for the tips,
William

--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration