[Petal] Petal 0.61

William McKee william@knowmad.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 11:32:34 -0400

Jean-Michel,

Thanks for the update. I'm in the process of installing the new version
right now. Here's the beginning of the bug reports <g>:
------------------------------------
Checking if your kit is complete...
Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
        t/data/set_modifier
Please inform the author.
Writing Makefile for Petal
------------------------------------

Otherwise the install went well and my templates are displaying fine and
the bug test I submitted is working. The docs look good as well. A few
comments:

 - Under the section 'Variable expressions and modifiers', in 'How it
works', you refer to ":var" in the paragraph beginning "$hash is a highly
magical...". I think that should be "var:".

 - What is the difference between encode and encode_html?

 - Have you considered turning on encode for all elements unless
specifically requested not to, a la TAL? If you don't like this idea,
perhaps a global setting or a template setting would be possible.

 - Under the "Petal TAL-like syntax", in "interpolation", you refer to
":xml title" in the examples. Again, shouldn't that be "xml:title"?

Nice job!
William
--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration