[Petal] More mod_perl errors....

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver@mkdoc.com
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:18:36 +0100

On Wed 31-Jul-2002 at 06:28:42PM -0400, William McKee wrote:
> Well, here's another error I'm seeing when running under mod_perl:
>
> [Wed Jul 31 18:24:30 2002] [error] [Wed Jul 31 18:24:30 2002] null: Can't use string
> ("") as a subroutine ref while "strict refs" in use at
> /usr/local/share/perl/5.6.1/Petal.pm line 169.
>
> This one seems to "pop-up" occassionally for me. I cannot repeat it faithfully but
> have seen it pop-up when performing the same action several times successfully
> then all of a suddent it bombs with the error message above. I've also seen the
> wrong page get displayed as well as a blank page.
>
> I'm beginning to wonder about the robustness of cached templates in Petal. This is
> a great feature, but I'm getting some weird results from running scripts under
> mod_perl that were working without a flaw, albeit much slower, with mod_cgi.

William, thanks for all that info.

I want Petal (especially the cache!) to work under mod_perl, thus this
is all very valuable.

Unfortunately I cannot take a look at it right now, seems like I'm going
to have a busy week-end :-)

IT'S TIME FOR A DIFFERENT KIND OF WEB
  Jean-Michel Hiver - Software Director
  jhiver@mkdoc.com