[Pangloss] running the test server

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Tue Mar 2 22:35:17 GMT 2004

Hi Bruno,

On Friday, February 27, 2004, at 01:17  pm, Bruno Postle wrote:

> (BTW ./Build install is really broken.  I had to run it twice,
> initially it only installed a selection of files, which caused
> plenty of problems)

That's strange -- all of the installs I've done were with
Module::Build.  The entire build process relies on it, and it was
definitely working when I released things.  Is this a recurring
problem?  Perhaps some functionality that Pangloss relies on has
changed in M::B?  I know a lot of stuff's been happening on the M::B
list.

Is this still a problem?  If so, I will investigate after my current
contract ends.

> I'm working through the INSTALL document and trying to run a test
> server:
>
>     export PG_PIXIE_DSN='dbi:mysql:dbname=pangloss1'
>     export PG_PIXIE_USER=pangloss1
>     export PG_PIXIE_PASS=pangloss1
>     export PERL5LIB=/var/www/pangloss/lib
>     export PG_HOME=/var/www/pangloss
>
>     bin/pg_test_server
>
> This starts up and listens on port 8080, but crashes as soon as I
> access it:
>
>     Not an ARRAY reference at
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/HTTP/Headers.pm line 295.
>
> HTTP::Headers is 1.43, I upgraded to 1.47 (libwww-perl-5.76) which
> seems to fix it, so I guess this needs to be added to the
> dependencies.

I've added that to the list.

> Next, I get the "Welcome to Pangloss" page, but all of the links
> return:

>      No segments produced an OpenFrame::Response object"
>
> ANy ideas?  I'll try running it properly with Apache mod_perl.

Well, you get the flat HTML page, so the webserver's working.  But the
application isn't - so maybe it's not loading the controller?  Try
running it with 3 "-d" switches for some diagnostics.

-Steve