[Pangloss] status update 09/05/2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Fri May 9 12:01:45 BST 2003

Hi all,

Here's this week's update:  I've got the Language editor working and
tied it in with the User editor.  I've also taken the time to refactor
the 'proof of concept' server, moving chunks of code out into tested
segments.  And I've come up with a generic form of pipeline
configuration files (using YAML) which will be released on CPAN if all
goes well.

After suffering from some delays, John started looking over the
templates yesterday.  I imagine he'll be coming up to speed on Petal
over the next few days, and then get started on making things look
presentable :).

My main goals for next week are to get the other editors working (Term,
Concept, Category).  With those in place, there should be a solid base
for building the search filters that will drive the glossary pages.

I'm off flat-hunting again today.  I will try to make the files
available for download later on, but if I get back too late I'll do it
sometime over the weekend.  I'd also like to set up a Pangloss staging
server so you don't have to install things to see how the project is
progressing.

-Steve