[Pangloss] status update 02/05/2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Fri May 2 15:06:43 BST 2003

Hi all,

This is a summary of Pangloss developments this week.  I've got a
proof-of-concept (or spike solution, or hack, or whatever you want to
call it :) up and running, and at the moment it lets you edit users.
This lets me know how the framework will fit together, and gives me
some confidence that the architecture will be able to deliver.

I've been factoring this into the main codebase today, and will finish
off next week before getting started on languages.

John has re-done the search template, so that's more-or-less ready for
feedback (though he's off until the middle of next week).  I've split
that up into a header & footer, and have included it in the mock-ups
I've been working with, again to give me a better idea how everything
will fit together.

I've prepared another distribution, available here:

	http://staging.quiup.com/Pangloss-02-05-2003.tar.gz

You don't need to install it to have a look at the search template:
	web/search.html

The test server can be found in:
	bin/test.pl

Note that installation it is still not simple due to patches & modules
that haven't yet made it to CPAN.

Regards,
-Steve