[Pangloss] status update 06/06/2003

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Fri Jun 6 21:38:01 BST 2003

Hi all,

This update covers the past few weeks of developments in Pangloss.  (I
did do a mini-update last week, but it was off-list).

The current snapshot is available at:

	http://staging.quiup.com/perl/Pangloss-2003-06-06.tar.gz

Most of the work has been behind the scenes, so you won't notice many
changes on the staging server.

Both OpenFrame-WebApp and Pipeline-Config have made it to CPAN along
with most of the other required patches - this should make installation
a bit easier.  Having said that, a patched version of Petal-0.92 [1] is
now required, which complicates the issue again.

I've thought a lot about how data passes from the application layer to
the presentation layer, and have come up with a solution that I'm much
more comfortable with.  I've started to factor this into the codebase,
and will finish it off next week.

And finally, I'll be out of the office Monday and Tuesday next week, so
I'll speak to you all on Wednesday.

Have a good weekend,
-Steve

[1] Pangloss has not yet been tested with the latest release of Petal.