[Pangloss] [RFC] tech spec

Steve Purkis spurkis at quiup.com
Mon Apr 14 13:13:03 BST 2003

On Monday, Apr 14, 2003, at 11:16 Europe/London, Jean-Michel Hiver
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I've attached a first attempt at the tech spec for people to look
>> over.
>>  I think the basics are there, but I'm sure I've missed some things
>> out.  I'm planning on starting to implement the basic classes today.
>>
>> Let me know what you think.
>
> I looks sweet, altough I'm a bit scared about the pixie bit since
> serialized objects aren't exactly easy to administer / fixup should
> anything go wrong with data consistency.

Pixie stores objects individually, so if anything becomes corrupt then
the side effects should be minimal.  And also, I mentioned Class::DBI
can be used as a persistency layer in the future.  I just want to get
something up and running and not have to worry about creating &
maintaining a DB schema.

-Steve