[Pangloss] Which version of Apache?

Steve Purkis spurkis at mkdoc.com
Tue Apr 1 13:55:20 BST 2003

On Tuesday, April 1, 2003, at 12:06  pm, Chris Croome wrote:

> Hi
>
> Yeah this sounds sensible.
>
> My only slight concern would be that I haven't been able to get
> the mod_perl from RH7.3 SRPMs to compile on my RH8 box, the apache
> 1.3x SRPMS are fine.
>
> This means that RH8.0 and 9.0 users will have to use a source apache
> 1.3x since this distro only ships with apache 2.x

Or else we can try to include Apache/mod_perl 2 support?

> What apache does OSX ship with?

1.3.x, but it also comes with Perl v5.6.1 which mod_perl is built
on.  As we're targeting v5.8, recompiling Perl is a must.  Which
in turn means rebuilding Apache is desirable...  And last time I
looked, recompiling Apache was difficult if you wanted to
preserve support for Apple's mod's.

But seeing as you can use HTTP::Daemon to run a minimalistic web
server, you can get away without it.

-Steve