[MKSearch-dev] Screen shot: Rolling page navigation

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Wed Oct 12 18:44:07 BST 2005

I've added rolling page navigation to the XHTML results listing, so
that only 9 page links are shown when there are a greater number
of pages in the set. The navigation shows the preceding three
pages and following 5 pages once the current page is in the central
range of the page listing.

This is what Google does, except the page list does not expand
before it starts 'scrolling'. Hopefully you'll get the gist from this
screen shot.

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/doc/design/screenshots/DraftRolli
ngPageNavigation.png

I wonder now whether the navigation should have first and last links
when this narrowing applies. I think it probably should.

Best regards,

Phil

--
MKSearch (alpha)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.