[MKSearch-dev] New store browse screen shots

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Tue Nov 22 18:03:53 GMT 2005

A while ago Adam and I discussed other routes to discover resources
indexed by MKSearch, instead of a blank search form with no clue to
what lies beyond. I have created a first draft interface in the form
of a directory-style browse hierarchy based on the schema properties
of the relevant application profile.

If there are no contents indexed by a particular property, no index
is listed. Where only one value applies to all content, e.g.
DC.Language is 'en' for all documents, no index is listed. Finally,
only literal values are listed, not URIs. That reduces the indexes to
a manageable number, with meaningful categories and content.

The schema property indexes are listed in floating columns down the
home page. The markup and CSS is designed to handle application
profiles that contain up to 5 schemas.

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/doc/design/screenshots/W2K-Opera-
HomeBrowse.png

Individual property indexes are sorted alphabetically:

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/doc/design/screenshots/W2K-Opera-
CreatorIndex.png

The link from the property index leads to the query results page for
the relevant value. As usual, the results pages include a query
builder form, so one can amend the query further from there:

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/doc/design/screenshots/W2K-Opera-
CreatorBrowseResults.png

These shots show a subject, title and created indexes:

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/doc/design/screenshots/W2K-Opera-
SubjectIndex.png
https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/doc/design/screenshots/W2K-Opera-
TitleIndex.png
https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/doc/design/screenshots/W2K-Opera-
CreatedIndex.png

The created index leads on to a precise creation time results page:

https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/trunk/doc/design/screenshots/W2K-Opera-
CreatedBrowseResults.png

The browse interface thereby exposes all store content and search
results through a navigable set of RESTful pages. Pretty neat I'd say.

This is all checked in to the Subversion trunk, including a drop-in
replacement WAR file with the new features. See below how to drop in.

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/documentation/tomcat-on-fc4/

Best regards,

Phil

--
MKSearch (beta)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.