[MKSearch-dev] Draft query builder screen designs

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Thu Jun 30 17:32:50 BST 2005

I have the query builder working correctly now. Its simple, but
difficult to explain, so these screen shots might help. The styling
is based on the MKDoc site. The URLs are long, so watch for line
wrapping.

1. This is the basic search form you get when you start.

<URL:https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/doc/design/screenshots/DraftQueryB
uilderStart.png>

2. This shows how to add a search field from the selector.

<URL:https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/doc/design/screenshots/DraftQueryB
uilderSelect.png>

3. Shows the added Publisher field with text input.

<URL:https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/doc/design/screenshots/DraftQueryB
uilderPublisher.png>

4. Shows another extra field for language.

<URL:https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/doc/design/screenshots/DraftQueryB
uilderLanguage.png>

For the Dublin Core application profile, the subject field is always
present. Other profiles may specify a different primary search field.

The query form needs a group of radio buttons to choose the output
type and I would like to get better alignment of the builder form
fields. The page will need a standard footer, a help page, etc. Any
comments or suggestions, please let me know.

Best regards,

Phil
--
MKSearch (alpha)

<URL:http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/>

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.