Jpackage stuff, was: Re: [MKSearch-dev] Week 15 round up

Phil Shaw phil at codestyle.org
Tue Jan 25 10:59:55 GMT 2005

On 24 Jan 2005, at 16:33, Chris Croome wrote:

Chris,

I've updated your draft with a few minor corrections, changed the
phrasing here and there and made the nature of the dependencies
clearer in the second paragraph.

The README I have referred to only have build notes at the moment,
not deployment, but once the system is up and running on Tomcat, I'll
JUnit.

http://www.gnu.org/software/paperclips/

> > Have you installed the 'compat' package from jpackage?  It creates a
> > bunch of scripts and symlinks to make it appear that you have a copy
> > of Sun java.
>
> Drat, no :-/
> I guess I could uninstall everything and try again...

I didn't try the instructions yet. If you do plan to rebuild from
scratch, I'll wait until then to try it.

Incidentally, there was a serious problem using Opera 7.5 on Windows
2000 to edit that page. When I came to submit the changes nothing
happened, no error, no form submission. The MKDoc toolbar links
didn't work either -- no request. I have used Opera to edit pages
before and it has been fine (though no WYSIWYG support), perhaps this
page had more HTML components than it could cope with. I managed to
rescue the edits by copying to Firefox.

Best regards,

Phil

--