[MKSearch-dev] Tomcat on FC4

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Wed Aug 31 18:45:30 BST 2005

On 31 Aug 2005, at 16:35, Chris Croome wrote:

> Compiling JTidy...
> /usr/local/mksearch/lib-src/jtidy/org/w3c/tidy/Lexer.java:1278: error: Unrecognized character for encoding 'UTF-8'.
>                    if (doctype != null)// #473490 - fix by Bj�rn H�hrmann 10 Oct 01
>                                                              ^
> /usr/local/mksearch/lib-src/jtidy/org/w3c/tidy/Lexer.java:132: error: Type ‘Lexer.W3CVersionInfo’ not found in declaration of field ‘W3CVERSION’.
>        private static final Lexer.W3CVersionInfo[] W3CVERSION = {
>                             ^
> 2 errors

Chris,

Excellent, up to here they're just warnings. This error is only
slightly more serious. One or more of the bytes in B.H.'s comment
is not in the declared encoding, which should just require a change
to the bash script that calls gcj. The second error follows from the
first.

This appears to be the last hurdle before the new JTidy compiles.
I'll be back at work later this week and take a look at it.

Thanks for your other mail, interesting read.

Best regards,

Phil

--
MKSearch (alpha)

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.