[MKSearch-dev] Tomcat on FC4

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Aug 16 12:32:36 BST 2005

Hi

On Wed 27-Jul-2005 at 11:06:35AM +0100, Phil Shaw wrote:
> This is just advance notice in case Chris or Bruno would like to try
> an upgrade on a private or public box. I'll have a go on my own
> system in due course, but its not a high priority for me at the
> moment.
>
> This "how to" doesn't say very much about Tomcat (at the bottom of
> the page), but maybe it doesn't need to.
>
> http://www.simisen.com/jmg/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Main.GNUJavaOnFedora

OK, this is as far as I got on FC4... following the notes here:

  http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/howto/build-mksearch-with-gcj/

I checked out the code:

 # mkdir /usr/local/mksearch
 # chown chris.chris /usr/local/mksearch
 $ cd /usr/local/
 $ svn co https://svn.mkdoc.com/mksearch/

I set my env by adding this to my bash_profile:

  mk_build="/usr/local/mksearch/build"
  mk_home="/usr/local/mksearch"
  CLASSPATH="/usr/share/java/libgcj-4.0.1.jar"

  export mk_build mk_home CLASSPATH

I then tried running jar-library.sh:

  $ cd /usr/local/mksearch/bin
  $ ./jar-library.sh

  Script directory = .

  Script directory = .

  Script directory = /usr/local/mksearch/bin

  Cleaning build directory...

  Preparing build directory...
  mkdir: cannot create directory `/usr/local/mksearch/build/jaxp': No such file or directory

So I created this dir:

  $ mkdir /usr/local/mksearch/build

And ran the script:

  $ ./jar-library.sh > output.txt

I have attached the output and also the errors I got in the terminal.

I don't know what to do next!