[MKSearch-dev] Week 43 round up

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Mon Aug 8 11:02:47 BST 2005

On 6 Aug 2005, at 19:54, Bruno Postle wrote:

> > I'm starting to bring things together towards a beta 1 release. The
> > system's working end to end as intended, but there are a range of
> > further details to test, some issues to investigate and then to
> > package the whole thing up.
>
> Looks great, I hope to get this running on a test machine soon so I
> can comment properly.

Thanks Bruno. I am able to compile and run the crawler on Windows
with Sun JDK 1.4 and 1.5, and Fedora Core 3 with GCJ 3.4.4. See the
how to section on the Web site.

http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/howto/

The screen shots are with Tomcat 5.5.4 using Sun JDK 1.5. I haven't
upgraded to FC4 yet, but it installs Tomcat by default with GCJ 4.0.
People have reported problems building Tomcat on FC4 and I haven't
heard much of people using it. If you fancy upgrading and trying
Tomcat, please let me know how you get on. I'll do so myself then
write another how to on deployment of the application to Tomcat.

My system uses Ant to deploy directly, but I'll devise a way of
making a drop-in Web application archive (WAR) for Tomcat without
using Ant directly.

Best regards,

Phil

--
MKSearch (alpha)

<URL:http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/>

Free, open source metadata search engine with RDF storage and query.