[MKSearch-dev] Week 4 round up

Phil Shaw phil at mkdoc.com
Fri Nov 5 17:33:37 GMT 2004

Wednesday
---------
Transferred initial Web spider licence research and package
dependency analysis to the MKSearch Web site and started write-up for
initial code review.

Thursday
--------
Completed code review and analysis for Web spiders and updated Web
review pages. Initially selected JSpider as the prime candidate and
JoBo as second choice. Both are LGPL, JSpider has a GNU Library
option.

Friday
------
Started incorporating JSpider in the MKSearch build system. I have
been hitting limitations feeding extensive source references to the
GCJ compiler on the command line, so wrote a utility to generate an
input file for a given base directory.

Added a separate library directory, $mk_home/lib-opt, to the project
structure for the Apache add-ons for JSpider. For now, these
components are included by default, but I will make them truly
optional in future.

Created some utility scripts for generating source input listings and
compiling the lister tool, see $mk_home/bin/util/README.txt