[MKSearch-dev] Usability feedback on MKDoc

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 15:59:53 GMT 2004

Hi

On Wed 03-Nov-2004 at 03:54:01PM -0000, Phil Shaw wrote:
> On 3 Nov 2004, at 15:38, Chris Croome wrote:
>
> > > tendency is to hit this rather than the modify content button
> > > further down.
> >
> > I know, do you have a better layout to suggest?
>
> Nothing fancy, just to have the submit in the next p element after
> the textarea, so it comes before the delete button. I don't think
> it needs to be repeated at the bottom of the page.

Sorry for being thick, I don't understand, can you draw on a screen
shot or something?

> > > The sort order for documents in a section is not reflected in
> > > the sort order of the section index, only the side bar.
> >
> > What is the section index?
>
> Sorry, it's what MKDoc calls a headlines component. I think of it
> as a section index when that's the only thing on the page,
> currently:
>
> http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/research/spiders/
> http://www.mksearch.mkdoc.org/howto/

Yeah, it has often been pointed out that it would be good for the
headlines component to be able to list documents in orders other
than date created... What we have done for other sites (and I should
do for this one) is create a template that has a listing of child
documents in it, then you can get the listing you want by selecting
this template. At the moment 1.8 (the beta version that this site is
using) doesn't have any templates other than the default one...

I'll look at creating a template for this tomorrow.