[MKDoc-users] message for new user

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Wed Jun 4 09:20:29 BST 2003

> Thanks. I'm currently having some problems getting all the perl modules
> I need to work, particularly the Unicode. I just got a suggestion from
> the FreeBSD list and will be working on installing perl 5.6.1 today and
> seeing if that works. I'm hoping to avoid upgrading to 5.8 until they
> bring 5.8.1 our.

MKDoc 1.4 will work with Perl 5.6.1 only (Perl 5.6.0 is full of bugs).
However we're about to release MKDoc 1.6, and that will work only with
Perl 5.8. Perl 5.8 is really well made and very stable.

You might find MKDoc 1.6 even more appropriate since it features forums,
audience-based metadata tagging, user account subscription and optional
personalizable newsletters.

Best Regards,
Jean-Michel.