[MKDoc-users] error adding editor

Chris Croome chris@mkdoc.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:40:52 +0000

Hi Donald

On Thu 14-Mar-2002 at 02:56:18PM -0000, Donald Blackstock wrote:

> I just tried to add a new editor and it gave me the following error
>
>   'info' => 'DBD::mysql::db do failed: Duplicate entry \'gracchus armisu\' for key 2 at ../lib/sql/MySQL.pm line 258.'

Yep, that's a bug!

It looks to me that the problem might be something to do with the use of
space in the username field.

It looks like you created a user with the username 'gracchus-armisu'
and then tried to create one with the name 'gracchus armisu' and this
caused the error?

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to have spaces in usernames
and in addition it might make sense for us to not allow case variants in
case we ever need to map against a LDAP database (I think LDAP is case
insensitive).

Chris Croome                                         <chris@mkdoc.com>
MKDoc                                                http://mkdoc.com/