[MKDoc-modules] MKDoc OSS - Status

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 19:24:22 GMT 2004

Hi

On Tue 16-Mar-2004 at 04:11:40PM +0000, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> > >MKDoc::Search - another huge job :-/
> >
> > Will this be custom-built or will you be using any existing CPAN
> > modules to enable the search?
> >
> Probably a bit of both. If we get around do doing it it's going to
> be quite unique, metadata enabled, and using open standards such
> as RSS.
>
> But we're not at this stage quite yet.

On new search thing on CPAN that looks quite interesting to me is
Plucene -- the Perl port of Lucene, there is an article about it on
perl.com:

  Plucene is a general-purpose search engine; while the
  Plucene::Simple interface to it allows you to get a good search tool
  up and running very quickly, that's very much only the tip of the
  iceberg. By getting into the Plucene API itself, we can build a
  complex, customized search engine for any application.

  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2004/02/19/plucene.html