[MKDoc-modules] MKDoc OSS - Status

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Sun Jul 18 22:39:46 BST 2004

Hi List,

Here is the list of MKDoc modules which have been released so far:

- MKDoc-Apache_Cache
- MKDoc-Auth
- MKDoc-Authz
- MKDoc-Control_List
- MKDoc-Core
- MKDoc-Forum
- MKDoc-SQL
- MKDoc-Text-Structured
- MKDoc-XML
- Petal
- Petal-Mail

I have currently cabled the trunk with most of the stuff except
MKDoc::Authz which is still very new.

There is one extra module I need to release: MKDoc::ECommerce, which
contains the shopping basket which is required for the ECommerce
functionality of MKDoc.

The next module to be released is actually MKDoc::CMS, the content
management system itself, which will be basically MKDoc re-factored and
without all the extra bloat it's got at the moment.

But you can expect:

- Create documents in a hierachy structure
- Some kind of a way to do workflow
- Automatic navigation generation
- Edit text, images, and links
- Automatic redirect support
- Private areas / workspaces
- Multiple editor support
- User groups / roles
- Document versioning

There is a lot of re-factoring / class re-naming to do, and a lot of
stuff to strip out too, but I hope to have a release for around
Christmas, or beginning of 2005. It will be released under the GPL license.

It will not include certain bits of functionality. Partly because some
of those things are ugly and I'm too ashamed to open-source them, partly
to keep some added value in the commercial version of the software.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.