[MKDoc-modules] [feature request] MKDoc::Apache_Cache should supply Expires: header

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Tue Feb 3 14:59:14 GMT 2004

I've just been tinkering with a cache policy and made a few complex
changes, it's very difficult to check that a page is _really_ being
cached for a week - How can I tell?

The answer is for MKDoc::Apache_Cache to set and/or replace an
Expires: header for every response, this has two benefits:

* I can do HEAD requests and confirm my policy settings.

* Downstream proxies/caches can use this info for caching.

The HTTP Expires header is specified here:

    http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec14.html#sec14.21

--
Bruno