[MKDoc-modules] MKDoc::Forum 0.1

Jean-Michel Hiver jhiver at mkdoc.com
Fri Apr 16 17:40:38 BST 2004

Hi List,

Since I could modularize the forum discussion modules without having to
do the authorization module, well, I did. Thus I am pleased to announce
the birth of MKDoc::Forum 0.1.

This is the first release which provides sort-of-interesting
functionality for the MKDoc::Core framework. And it turns out it works
OK with or without the MKDoc::Auth product.

This is where we are in the MKDoc/OSS roadmap:

TODO:

MKDoc::Redirect         // URI redirect manager
MKDoc::Authz            // Generic permissions / authorization
MKDoc::Auth::Admin      // User management for MKDoc::Auth
MKDoc::CMS              // Content management system

DONE:

MKDoc-Apache_Cache      // Generic web cache module
MKDoc-Auth              // Authentication layer
MKDoc-Control_List      // ACL style rules
MKDoc-Core              // Framework
MKDoc-Forum             // IMAP discussion boards
MKDoc-SQL               // Database Access Libraries
MKDoc-Text-Structured   // Text To HTML
MKDoc-XML               // XML ToolKit
Petal                   // XML Templating Module
Petal-Mail              // XML Templating Email Module

As you can see, I'm starting to run out of things to remove / modularize
from the existing MKDoc codebase, which I think is a good thing :)

Meanwhile, some testing on the younger releases (MKDoc::Auth,
MKDoc::Forum) would be highly appreciated. I am sure the documentation
is far from being perfect as well... but a least there is some.

Here is a digest of the new releases:

MKDoc::Core 0.4
===============

Added support for resources - i.e. supports the ability to bundle and
serve small files such as style sheets and images within a project.
Templates become resources as well.

MKDoc::SQL 0.6

Fixed a couple of minor issues

* MKDoc::Auth 0.2

Moved templates into the resource folder
Added basic CSS for those templates

* MKDoc::Forum 0.1

Initial Release

Jean-Michel.