[MKDoc-modules] Re: Encoding issues

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Oct 6 18:39:54 BST 2003

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 06:19:48PM +0100, Paul Arzul wrote:
> yes, it's good to think of comments as that, but i think it's an
> oversimplication so that we don't get more confused[1] than we already
> are. :)

You'll get not argument from me on that! I'm confused as can be about
all of this encoding and commenting chaos. It all makes for some rather
interesting reading. Does it ever seem that everything is about 10x
more complex than you imagine <g>?

> the one i saw (category.html) is somewhat odd. for serious backward
> compatibility i was expecting:
<snip>
> but yours looked like:
<snip>

Like I said, tidy is to blame for this format. Interestingly, if I
remove those CDATA sections, I don't get encoded double-quotes. I guess
that means that MKDoc::XML is encoding what it thinks to be a string.
I'm not sure about how CDATA sections are used but wonder if this is the
proper behavior.

> i'm still working on those test case -- we should have something for
> jm to chew on tomorrow. :)

I'm sure he's looking forward to diving in <g>.

Thanks,
William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.