[MKDoc-dev] [FEATURE REQ] OpenSearch RSS search results

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Fri Mar 18 13:17:54 GMT 2005

Hi

I just came across this:

  "We want OpenSearch to do for search what RSS has done for content."

  http://opensearch.a9.com/

And it seems to me that it wouldn't be so hard to add support for this
to MKDoc, if there was a search plugin that served results at
/.search.rss and used the existing query syntax then this is how the
Amazon fields would map:

  /.search.rss?q={searchTerms};per_page={count};page={startPage}

  http://opensearch.a9.com/spec/opensearchquerysyntax/1.0/

And then all that would be needed would be a template to produce the
results in their RSS format:

  http://opensearch.a9.com/spec/opensearchrss/1.0/