Comment Component, was: Re: [MKDoc-dev] Future of the MKDoc Discussion component?

Bruno Postle bruno at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 12:28:54 GMT 2005

On Tue 04-Jan-2005 at 11:11 +0000, Chris Croome wrote:

> One problem with this is that it will exagerate the existing
> problems with the interface for editing documents

> I then want to add a new component at the top of the page -- to do
> this I would have to click move component up over 100 times on a
> big and therefore slow page!

Yes this is a problem we need to address anyway, sooner rather than
later.

> I fear that to do this _properly_ we would need:
>
> * The ability to set editor permissions at a component level in
> addition to a document level.

No, there is no reason why users should be able to edit their own
comments once posted.  This was never an option when we created the
Discussion functionality and it is a complication we don't need
here.

> * The ability to edit individual components seperately.

Not necessarily.  Actually: The ability to deal with documents with
large numbers of components.

The solution might just be adding the 'move component to top'
functionality.

--
Bruno