[MKDoc-dev] Installing - how another perl cms does it

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Sep 30 01:42:12 BST 2004

Hi

I just came across this, it's the install instructions for another
perl cms:

  http://www.plainblack.com/installing_webgui

They have the advantage that it runs with apache 2 as well as 1.3
and the page above has the install from source instructions and then
they have contributed packages for different distros with the perl
modules and the cms packaged as native rpms etc.

It could be even easier if they had apt / yum repos set up...

I think that ideally we would have 3 install options:

1. Manual source install

2. A Krang style installer that builds apache 1.3 and mod_perl

3. Native packages (this would depends on having apache 2 support
   for some distros)