[MKDoc-dev] Using cookie/ticket authentication rather than Basic Auth

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Tue Sep 28 16:21:04 BST 2004

Good morning,

On 26/9/04 at 8:47 PM +0100, Bruno Postle <bruno at webarchitects.co.uk> wrote:

>On Sun 26-Sep-2004 at 13:02 +1000, Charlie Garrison wrote:
>
>> At the simplest, to switch between methods I figured it would be a
>> matter of changing the modules listed in the plugin conf file, and
>> changing the module assigned to the auth handler in httpd.conf.
>
>That sounds like the right way to do it, at least initially.
>Integrating magic multiple auth methods is probably a task for later
>on.

As stated in previous email, there seem to be a few dependencies elsewhere in
MKDoc that make using different package names for authentication difficult. So
maybe integrating some magic now would be a good idea.

>MKDoc::Core is intended to be a generic web-application framework
>rather than a CMS system:

I've been using my own home-grown web-app framework for about 5 years. It has
become pretty advanced and comprehensive over that time, but it has also
become complex. There are a few similar concepts in my framework and MKDoc
which is one of the reasons I'm drawn to it. There are some features which I
think are missing from MKDoc. I'm sure I'll mention them in the future.

>The design is that the plugin system is REST-ful and that the
>templates are TAL.

I'm a bit slow on the terminology here. What do you mean by REST-ful?

Charlie

--
   Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia