[MKDoc-dev] Archives via gmane, and MKDoc lists generally

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Thu Sep 23 23:38:24 BST 2004

Hi

The archives of this list are now available from gmane:

  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cms.mkdoc.devel/

Also Bruno was wondering if we need to rationalise the lists, if we
are going to do this we should do it before registering other lists
with gmane.

At the moment we have:

- MKDoc-admin     MKDoc installation and configuration

- MKDoc-dev       Open development list for MKDoc

- MKDoc-modules   Open Source modularisation of MKDoc

- MKDoc-users     Support for people building and updating content using MKDoc

And of course there is also the Petal list.

See here for the info pages:

MKDoc-modules might be redundant now the whole thing is GPL'ed and
we have the new dev list?

People seem to use the MKDoc-users for install help, perhaps it
would be better to have a MKDoc-install list, or we could just keep
using the users list for install help and drop the MKDoc-admin list?

I don't know where discussing a community MKDoc site at
http://mkdoc.org/ fits in, or other more general discussion, perhaps
a MKDoc-general would make sense for this?

Thoughts?