[MKDoc-dev] Events Component, pull down menus

Sam Tregar sam at tregar.com
Wed Oct 20 16:48:53 BST 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Chris Croome wrote:

> A bug where by a select list like this:
>
>   <select>
>     <option>one</option>
>     <option optioned="optioned">two</option>
>     <option>three</option>
>   </select>
>
> Doesn't display with option two selected but option one (as far as I
> can remember the mac this was on has since died).

Interesting, that's a new one for me!  Which browsers does MKDoc
support exactly?  Do you have a browser farm to test new releases
against?

I'm Mac-less at the moment but I could see about addressing that (cue
dreams of shiny brushed aluminum and candy-colored buttons).

> This is how the template for the properties of a document does the
> language select list:
>
>   <select>
>     <option
>       selected="selected"
>       petal:if="self/selected_lang"
>       petal:attributes="value self/selected_lang/value;
>                         title self/selected_lang/value;"
>       petal:content="self/selected_lang/label"
>     >English</option>
>     <option
>       petal:repeat="lang self/unselected_langs"
>       petal:attributes="value lang/value;
>                         title lang/value;"
>       petal:content="lang/label"
>     >Klingon</option>
>   </select>
>
> Which seems to be more-or-less how you suggested doing it?

This looks fine but it doesn't meet Bruno's requirement to put the
labels (month names) into the template for i18n.  I'm not sure how to
do that and still yank the selected one up to the top of the list.

-sam