[MKDoc-dev] Where is the line between flo::editor::* and flo::plugin::*?

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 11:52:59 BST 2004

Hi

On Tue 19-Oct-2004 at 11:35:26AM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Mon 18-Oct-2004 at 12:39 +0100, Chris Croome wrote:
> >
> > Um, I don't know what to add, if anything, to the RDF metadata for
> > documents for event components, I'll have a think about it...
>
> This isn't document metadata, this is extra attributes for an RSS
> item

Um, sorry if I wasn't clear, I was talking about the RDF metedata
files for docment not the RSS feeds...

> - Bear in mind that each item in the RSS represents one upcoming
> event, a single document URI may appear several times.

I don't thnk we can do it like this then, the URIs will need to be
unique.

My idea for this has always been to have a Title attribute for each
component and from this a Name attribute can be generated like
happens with document URIs and then the Name can be used as a frag
ID and then we do have the unique URI per event. However other
people have pointed out that having a Title for each component is
over kill... But I think Jean-Michel started generating unique frag
IDs for components in 1.8, but I'll have to check.

> I'm suggesting that there is probably a variation of RSS suitable
> for listing events, something like this:
>
>    http://igargoyle.com/rss/1.0/modules/event/

Yeah, there was also a lot of RDF / iCalendar work done a couple of
years ago I'll ask around to see where this got upto...