[MKDoc-dev] Events Component: Milestone 1 Complete

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Oct 19 11:32:29 BST 2004

Hi

On Mon 18-Oct-2004 at 11:18:32PM +0100, Bruno Postle wrote:
> On Mon 18-Oct-2004 at 17:57 -0400, Sam Tregar wrote:
>
> > > - I'd like the list of months to be defined in the template
> > > somehow so it can be localised along with the rest of the user
> > > interface.  Chris, is this possible with Petal?
> >
> > I can think of a couple ways to do this, although none of them
> > are particularly pretty.  It would be easier if Petal had
> > expressions "if month == 'January'".  It doesn't, right?
>
> I was thinking that it might be possible to 'define' the months at
> the start of the template or use metal:fill-slot.

Yes, something like this is probably possible, I'll have a think
about it.

What is the reason for not have a text input field for a one / two
digit for the month? I know it's easier for some peole to have a
select list but for others a two digit input is quicker...

Also for the minutes, I agree a select list of 60 items isn't so
great I'd suggest a two digit text input box with a default value of
00.