[MKDoc-dev] Proposed event/calendar functionality

Charlie Garrison garrison at zeta.org.au
Thu Oct 14 09:52:23 BST 2004

Good evening,

On 14/10/04 at 8:47 AM +0100, Bruno Postle <bruno at webarchitects.co.uk> wrote:

>I would like a third option that makes the pull-down menu less
>intimidating and allows a greater variety of components at the same
>time - I just don't have any ideas as to how that will work.

If I'm understanding your statement I like a Javascript solution (so it would
be an enhancement rather than replacement for current method).

Create some hidden divs with explanations for each component type in the menu.
When user selects a component, use Javascript to change the 'display' style
attribute to 'block' for the corresponding div, and the user is shown in-depth
explanation, instructions, etc.

I would also like to be able to 'collapse' components on editor pages to make
them easier to see 'in overview'. I use the same technique in another project
which has some data-heavy forms. It makes pages much easier to navigate. And
it's also an 'enhancement' so pages don't break if Javascript or advanced css
styling are not available. When I get back to my MKDoc project, I'll see how
easily I could add that feature (assuming it's of any interest).

Charlie

--
   Charlie Garrison  <garrison at zeta.org.au>
   PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia