[MKDoc-admin] adding features to mkdoc

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Tue Oct 12 16:47:23 BST 2004

On Fri 08-Oct-2004 at 13:33 -0400, Andrew Brosnan wrote:

> Not sure if this is the correct list for this...

We probably have too many lists for MKDoc, mkdoc-admin is for
installation and configuration help, we should merge it with the
mkdoc-dev list:

> I would like to create and integrate some scripts (form handlers,
> etc.) for use with MKDoc, and I'm looking for some documentation
> that might help me do this (the integration part :-).

> I noticed that there is a MailForm.pm module. Is there any
> documentation for using it?

MailForm.pm is used in MKDoc-1.6 as part of the user signup
procedure.  An MKDoc site can allow visitors to get a user account,
this enables the newsletter, webboard and personalisation options
(visitors can even get their own document to edit too).

Although it has been designed for generic form-to-email handling, I
don't believe MailForm.pm has ever been used for this - As Chris
says, inertia has meant we tend to set-up soupermail for our own
customers, even though MKDoc::MailForm has much nicer templating
capabilities.

Since the whole user-account system has changed for MKDoc-1.8,
MKDoc::MailForm has been removed in the development trunk.  We would
like to reintroduce it as an add-on CPAN module.

--
Bruno