[MKDoc-admin] Re: MySql prob

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Wed Apr 7 12:33:57 BST 2004

[I'm sending this to the mkdoc-admin list as it is probably of more
interest there]

On Wed 07-Apr-2004 at 12:26:51PM +0200, ruus at freenet.de wrote:

> i tried to insert your commands in my MySQL but they won´t work.

>    INSERT INTO user (Host, User, Password) VALUES ('localhost',
>    'mkdoc1', password ('mkdoc1'));
>
> gives me error 1046. No database selected.

Ok, something must be different with MySQL-4.  First log into the
MySQL shell:

    mysql -uroot mysql

Try entering commands in this order:

    use mysql

    CREATE database mkdoc1;

    INSERT INTO user (Host, User, Password) VALUES ('localhost',
    'mkdoc1', password ('mkdoc1'));

    INSERT INTO db (Host, Db, User, Select_priv, Insert_priv,
    Update_priv, Delete_priv, Create_priv,Drop_priv, Grant_priv,
    References_priv, Index_priv, Alter_priv) VALUES ('localhost', 'mkdoc1',

    flush privileges;

> I am using Debian with MySQL 4.0.18 and testing mkcoc 1.6.23. You have
> tested with 3.23, but i guess that doesn´t matter.

It should be ok, we've done some testing with MySQL-4 and existing
databases without having to make any modifications.

--
Bruno