[MKDoc-admin] Can't load .so

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Tue Jan 28 17:58:01 GMT 2003

On Tue 28-Jan-2003 at 05:28:40PM +0000, Mike Preston wrote:

> I didn't recompile Apache with my new perl and mod_perl.  Now that
> I have, I've put the perl references back into the httpd.conf,
> stopped and started httpd. Now, I get all three web sites.

Aha, interesting that we didn't have to do this with our solaris
box.

> However, I cannot login to the editor site. I type
> the username and password and the page redraws with
>
> "Sorry the information provided is incorrect."

Ok, we've just looked again at your MKDoc httpd.conf file and don't
understand how you have this line:

    PerlAuthenHandler MKDoc::Apache::Auth::Any

This should be:

    PerlAuthenHandler MKDoc::Apache::Auth::MySQL

> The username and password are correct in the MySQL db (although
> stored as plain text, is that correct?).

That's right, we have a "mail me my password" feature otherwise they
would be crypted.

Personally I'd prefer to drop this and have a "mail me a new
password" feature, since I don't like having any access to all the
stupid passwords people pick.

--
Bruno                                                   http://mkdoc.com/