[MKDoc-admin] RE: mkdoc

Chris Croome chris at webarchitects.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 16:01:54 GMT 2003

Hi

On Tue 18-Feb-2003 at 03:52:48PM -0000, g.t.selwood at adm.leeds.ac.uk
wrote:

> I've just ftp'd into the mkdoc/conf folder and the site sub folder
> and it's contents are not there so presume it has not been
> installed.

It's a bit confusing but there are /conf/ directories, one for the
confiuration for each site and one for the machine.

The tidy command line should be at the end of the
conf/site/global.cfg file and it should be something like this:

# global config stuff
<GLOBAL>
  tidy_command  /usr/local/bin/tidy --char-encoding utf8 --tidy-mark no --wrap 0 --doctype strict --logical-emphasis yes --markup yes --literal-attributes yes --output-xhtml yes --quote-ampersand yes --quote-marks no --uppercase-tags no --word-2000 yes --drop-empty-paras yes --enclose-text yes --enclose-block-text no --show-warnings no --quiet yes
</GLOBAL>

You can test tidy by using the above command line and adding the
path to a HTML file at the end and it should return a valid HTML
file to std out.

everything else                               http://chris.croome.net/