[multikulti-tech] Not seeing font downloads as Bengali

pete.clayton at greenfield.tameside.sch.uk pete.clayton at greenfield.tameside.sch.uk
Sun Jan 25 13:20:33 GMT 2004

Email = pete.clayton at greenfield.tameside.sch.uk
Message = I've used the link on your site to dowloaded a FreeBanglaFont.zip. The thing is, these fonts open as plain old English, there's not a Bengali Character to be seen; am I doing something wrong? I'm trialling the Bangla Word software for school use (we serve a Bangladeshi community in Hyde, Cheshire) but this software comes with only a single font.

If you have any suggestions re other sources of TTF type fonts that are supported by Bangla Word I'd appreciate it. I can find a lot of offerings for Linux but very little for PC's and none of what I've downloaded so far will work with Bangla Word.

Regards and TIA,
Pete Clayton
Name = Pete Clayton
Organisation = Greenfield Primary School
SoupermailConf = ~/techcontact.con