[Petal] new() or process() on a string rather than a file?

Corey corey_s at qwest.net
Wed Sep 27 04:50:33 BST 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 20:38, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
<snip>
> have you looked at template::tal ?
>
> 	http://search.cpan.org/~tomi/Template-TAL-0.8/lib/Template/TAL.pm
>
> it was built specifically for things like what you're talking about

Wow, thanks for pointing that out to me... I had thought Petal was the
only usable TAL implemenation for perl; this is good news, appears to
be exactly what I'm looking for!

( Any particular issues with Template::TAL I should be warned of before
I start using it? (aside from the topic of caching ) )

> even better- you can use both systems at once on the same site ( i've
> done it , it works like a charm ).

Great idea - use whichever is appropriate based on the number of
templates necessary per task.  Cool.

Beers!

Corey