[Petal] Invalid TAL statements

Jonathan Vanasco petal-list at 2xlp.com
Mon Sep 11 04:13:41 BST 2006

I checked the Petal and Zope docs, but couldn't find any  definitive
answer:

how SHOULD Petal handle invalid TAL statements

by invalid i mean a 'tal:xxxx' where 'xxxx' is not a valid tal
statement.

example:
	tal:ttributes

note  that is 'attributes' without the leading 'a'

currently Petal silently ignores these -- is this on purpose?  if
so,  can that be added to the docs as a feature  set?  if not, can
that forcefully throw an error?

i'm currently exploiting this 'feature' to stash away variations on
complex string: modifier actions while i test.  its incredibly
useful, but I'd rather not upgrade Petal one day and find a  bunch of
test code on my templates showing.