[Petal] Bugs and such

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Mon Mar 21 15:58:19 GMT 2005

As annoying as bugs are, they can sometimes lead to interesting
discoveries. For instance, while tracking down an issue with the
backslash not properly escaping the semicolon in the replace attribute,
I came across the following combination of tags which are effectively
the same as replace:

I had never really made much use of that tag. An example of usage from
the POD shows it in a div element used only for doing a repeat. The
omit-tag removes the spurious div when Petal is finished processing.
This could be useful for non-content tags which cause display problems.

BTW, the patch is on CPAN[1].

William

[1] http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bugs.html?Dist=Petal

--