[Petal] POST vs.GET

Jing Wang jwang at bcgsc.ca
Fri Jun 24 22:52:03 BST 2005

These are the things I have tried:
1. <form method="get" action="some_petal_page.pt">: works fine;
2. <form method="post" action="some_cgi_script.pl">: works fine;
3. <form method="post" action="some_petal_page.pt">: does not work. It
looks like my browser does not recognize "some_petal_page.pt". It acts
like I am downloading a file.
Just to clarify, I have a "request-broker" perl cgi that retrieves all
the parameters passed from a petal page, and processes the resulting
petal page.