[Petal] Variables within variables.

Bruno Postle bruno at mkdoc.com
Wed Jun 22 16:39:06 BST 2005

I was just fixing some (really stupid) mistakes in the Petal
QUICKSTART pod documentation and found the answer to this question.

On Tue 17-May-2005 at 20:35 -0400, Josh Narins wrote:

> What I want, in perl, would look like this.
>
> $tal->{onething}->{ $tal->{otherthing} }
>
> I tried
>
> string:stuff${onething/${otherthing}}
>
> but it didn't work.
>
> Is this supported, or should I work around?

The Petal docs say this:

       You cannot write nested expressions such as:

          ${my_var/hello_world ${my_var/current_user}}

       This will NOT work. At least, not yet.

So I guess that means you can't :-P

--
Bruno