[Petal] Javascript TAL

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Wed Jan 12 14:54:07 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 06:28:24PM +0100, Joachim Zobel wrote:
> This was disturbingly easy. I did a very rough Javascript TAL
> implementation using DOM.

Wow, that presents some interesting ideas! If nothing else, this is the
first client-side templating system I've seen. Was it a programming
exercise or is it in production use?

As for integrating it, you could simply populate the oData structure*
and let the JavaScript implementation drive the data replacement. This
would certainly push some of the workload off to the client.

It's at least worthy of a mention at the TAL frontpage[1] on Zope.org.
You should try to submit it.

Cheers!
William

* Is that a hash, or associative array? I didn't know you could write
  them like that in Javascript.

[1] http://zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZPT/TAL/FrontPage

--
Knowmad Services Inc.