[Petal] Recap on utf8 encoding issues and PerlIO patch

William McKee william at knowmad.com
Tue Feb 8 20:58:54 GMT 2005

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 03:45:36PM -0500, Josh Narins wrote:
> <message source="mod_perl community">
> Please don't use CGI.pm
> </message>

Why the plea? It's been a pretty stable, albeit beastly, module in my
experience (sans my recent problem with it setting a default charset
which doesn't seem to out-of-sorts since it is generating a response
header).

Anyhow, my scripts live between mod_cgi and Apache::Registry so I'm
living with it for now. Do you have other suggestions (besides rewriting
my code as mod_perl modules)?

William

--
Knowmad Services Inc.